home | gallery | services | pricing & packages | about us | contact us

The Smile Co. Photography Center

For the love of art and passion for memories captured in eternity, we at The Smile Co., have dedicated our lives to preserving the beauty of life in our photographs. We would like to share the moments, the laughter, the tears, the events that make you remember that special day every time you glance at our photographs.

Friday, September 08, 2006

My First Wedding Shoot

When I decided to convince a good friend to let Cleober be her sister's wedding photographer, I had an inkling I'd tag along. I had no experience as a wedding photographer but I had good feeling it would be great. My fingers wanted to keep on clicking and capture everything the moment we got to the bride's room. The room was packed with people - relatives, well-wishers, and us photographers trying to catch a glimpse of the bride. 'Twas her day indeed. Amidst all that she welcomed us and my journey as a wedding photographer began.

I loved her gown! It was a tube top with ball skirt and lots of semi-precious stones. When the clock struck 10 we hurried to go to the church, which is a few minutes drive. By the way, all this was in Tagaytay. The church happens to be in Caleruega - the most sought after church for weddings.

It was my first time at the church too. Stunningly beautiful! No wonder the brides- and grooms-to-be would go all the way to Batangas just to get hitched. The church was small and splendid sitting atop the highest peak that you can see the mountains when you're up there.

It's true what they say that once you see the church you'd want to get married!

The reception was at Antonio's and it was a lovely place - garden-like with kois in their ponds. The music was soothing and food was definitely delicious.

Two years later and a few thousand photographs after that, I'm still looking forward to another Tagaytay or out-of-town wedding to have a feel of something unique. I guess that is what weddings should be, to capture every essence of its uniqueness, to keep all memories as much as possible. more pictures here...